Saturday, August 29, 2020

Misty Meadows Market, Part II

 The new market building at Misty Meadows is big, bright, cheerful and spacious.  Quilts are hung up high under the loft ceiling, along with some interesting decor like that old wagon.  One side of the store holds common household items, while meats are in the opposite direction and baking is in the middle.  All the fruit and veggies were outside at this time of year.

Of course today the cash desk is all walled off with plexiglas; these first three photos are from last year.

The building is built in an L-shaped barn roof style, providing all that space under the loft inside.

And they provide a hitching rail for the older order Mennonite customers with their horses and buggies, though we didn't see any this year.

Four big quilts were there again this year, though knowing how many hours go into making a quilt like this, I think the prices are too cheap!

I liked this little model of horses and a wagon.

This is the kind of store where you can buy foodstuffs in bulk, including all sorts of dried goods like flour and beans.  I've never even seen bags of sugar this big elsewhere!

Lots of varieties of honey.

And if you'd like a straw hat, I'm sure you could find your size here.

And of course there are the butter tarts!  Delicious!  The store is on Wellington County's Butter Tart Trail!

Meanwhile, here at home, Mrs. F.G. has been doing her best with the flowers.  These new ones appeared yesterday right in front of my place at the counter.

Lots of rain overnight and it's a relatively cool day here now.  I'm hoping it will dry up enough that I can get out later on.  We're expecting my sister and brother-in-law for lunch.  







13 comments:

  1. You’re right about the quilt prices. So much work and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There, That market looks amazing... All of the fresh veggies would make me happy... And those beautiful quilts and homemade items would make anyone smile.... So glad you were able to visit there. I'm afraid that my husband would not want me there since I'm sure I'd spend WAY too much money.

    How are you feeling these days?
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those quilts. And the market is wonderful, with such variety. You never fail to give me a happy face after reading your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could choose anything in that store I would choose the butter tarts......again:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts. What a nice place to visit. Lots of different things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Quilts. Always enjoy visiting Mennonite Outlets. Their products and produce are always the best.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Flowers.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You see many items in a market that you'd never see in a regular retail store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts. Besides the labor in the quilts, the costs of fabric, etc is not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking store and beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful little market! The quilts are amazing, understandable why the price is what it is.
    I like the model of the horse and cart too.
    I'd take a couple packs of butter tarts too, please! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed see such a great store. The Amish are always an interesting accent to our lives. The store is set up to sell to a large market.

    ReplyDelete