Monday, February 15, 2016

The Barn Collective

For the Barn Collective, I've got a motley collection of barn photos I've accumulated over the past several weeks.  I don't think I've shared any of these before - I hope not.

I've posted pictures of this one before, a big operation, here looking good in the afternoon sun.

This one looks well cared for, but it doesn't look like it's being used for more than storage.

Just around the corner from our house is the foundation of a barn that blew down in a wind storm several years ago.

Just this small shed is left, also used just for storage.

This barn has seen better days!  If you look carefully, you can see right through it.  I'm not sure there are many boards on the back of the barn at all, and I expect this will end up being a 'before' picture before too many years..

This barn is quite actively used, though the cattle are in the barn for the winter.  I like the old tree and the cedar rail fence for this one.

****

Saturday was the coldest day of the winter so far here.  It was -28°C (-18° F) when I got up, and the Weather Network was reporting a wind chill of -37!  We didn't walk far!  But it did turn out to be a beautiful sunny winter day, with blue skies all day long and I got out for a drive to capture some pictures.  Maybe I'll share some of those tomorrow.


Linking to

The Barn Collective

14 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful collection of barns. My favorite is the last photo! Wow, I thought is was cold here. I was wrong. Stay warm! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old barns, but not the cold weather, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barns are great examples of what's in your area so, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you've posted them before. ;) Yep,it sure has been cold...but it's getting warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my....you can keep that awful cold weather. Those barns look very unique in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that Ontario had -30, and that wasn't with any wind chill added. Love the barns, they remind me of our farm when I was a child, One blew down, it held the machinery and fertilizer bags. Then Dad and friends built a much larger one for hay bale storage. nowhere near the size of yours, but no cows had to be wintered inside where we lived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old barns. I wish I had photographed the ones I used to see in a part of Utah where I once lived. They are gone now. All it takes is one heavy snow storm, and many of the abandoned ones collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that is cold!! The coldest I've been in is -15.
    Beautiful photos of the barns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! That's really cold! Great photos of the barns and snowy rural scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos ! Yes it was bitterly cold here to YUK ! Freezing rain possible for us here over night tonight onto of the snow it will be a mess out there ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's really COLD. I can't imagine it and would really like it if you keep it and don't share. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get so sad when I see the old barns. Just like your abandoned house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last photo is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was brutal here on Saturday as well, particularly with the wind. It's moderated on Monday, but now we're getting forty centimetres of snow apparently.

    The second barn reminds me of my cousin's barn, but even back in the day when my late uncle ran the farm, the barn was being used for storage more than anything else. Most of the real work gets done out of the second building they put on the property, which includes cold storage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These barns are all so pretty with the snow. They are beautiful. I really like the one with the stone foundation and the two red doors that you think is being used just for storage. I can see that you all are having the miserable weather we are having here. So cold and so much snow. I hope it warms up soon.

    ReplyDelete