Thursday, June 1, 2017

Stormy Evening

Just three days ago (I can't believe it's June already), we had an interesting storm go through in the evening.  It must have been mostly to our north, because although we got the clouds and thunder and lightning, we got no rain.

We saw some colour in the sky and heard the thunder, so I headed outside to check it out.

It was quickly blowing dark grey clouds across the sky.

And in the west the setting sun was lighting up the clouds.

In between the passing clouds I spotted the new crescent moon briefly.

I kept waiting to see if we'd get more sunset colours, but it stayed a bright corner in the northwest sky.

By the time it was ending, there was a dark straight line of clouds moving steadily to the east.  Looked a little ominous.

But behind that the skies opened up again, with billowing white clouds blowing over.  A quick and mild spring storm, but pretty typical at this time of year.

Linking to: 

16 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I get so excited with skies...I started to say with skies like these, but don't think I have ever seen any quite this amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be typical, but it doesn't make them less fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great series of sky shots! A little bit of everything here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting clouds you've captured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning, I always struggle to get the settings right when there are dark trees in front and a sunset behind. Lovely with a line of cloud hovering there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty skies, I'm glad they didn't bring anything nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are some dramatic sky pictures and all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing sky photos thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cloud photos!
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very dramatic skies! We've had some of the same weather here in the last week- unsettled. Clear skies at one point, clouds moving in a couple of hours later, the odd late day thundershower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore storms like these!! You captured it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I love the moon! Such a pretty photo!

    ReplyDelete