Friday, June 9, 2017

Curious Cattle

I was driving down the 7th Line the other day, and saw a few Black Angus cattle in a pasture where I'd never seen cattle before.  I slowed down thinking I would get a few pictures, though there were only a few cattle there.

Usually cattle totally ignore me, but these ones all immediately turned and looked my direction, even though I stayed in the car.

Not only did they look at me, but they all started trotting across the field toward me!

Shortly a few of them were gathered at the gate across the road from me.

At this point I thought I'd better get out and say hello, since they made the effort to come and see me!

They looked curious, but not particularly friendly!

So I respectfully said hello from a few feet away, and left them to return to their grazing.  Curious cattle!  Now I've made their close personal acquaintance I'm going to feel I need to wave at them every time I  pass.

Linking to:

19 comments:

  1. Cattle can become very curious. They soon get bored and go back to eating! However, you got some good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #505, and all she wanted was a pat and some hay!!!lovely close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What's that guy with the camera doing?" Moo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, 'trotting', do cows trot? ha ha Cute.
    Secondly, Don't you recognize a plead for help when you see one? He has a tag on his ear, you know where he's going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. Being a vegetarian, I don't like to think of what these cattle are going to become. Run for your life, 505! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, they are beautiful cattle. I would not get too close to them, even though they seem to wanted to say hello. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "at this point" i thought you were going to take off, i underestimated you. nice that you got out and said hello - they sound friendly...nice captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful cattle and wonderful shots ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are handsome, but too big to pet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes you must wave each time you pass by. Curiouser an curiouser so said Alice
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are upset you did not bring food!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm betting that this is how their owner brings their food! That one does look a bit fussy. But now you must wave when you pass by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of feeling you have to wave at them! I bet they thought you had something for them to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Most cattle show quite a bit of curiosity. Angus, because they're not around people much and aren't bred to be docile, tend to be pretty aggressive -- unlike milk cows that are used to people and where aggressive individuals are sent to slaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cattle just want to know what it going on! They are such inquisitive animals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the strangest thing about cattle they can be very curious, and that is one of the things I like about them.
    Have a good week , Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always found cattle to be curious creatures as well and it's always nice when they come over to the fence line to say Hello.

    ReplyDelete