Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Here at Home

Things are changing rapidly in the yard, as spring moves forward fast.  The weather is still cool, but leaves are starting to unfold and soon the world will be turning green.  In the meantime there's lots to see.  Flower blooms are emerging as I write!

White Bleeding Heart right beside our front door.

The fine leaves of the Fernleaf peony, which I can look out my window to see.

Our own Magnolia in the back yard, kept always small by the loving attention of a certain rabbit!!

One of the large Peonies, rapidly growing until its colourful blooms are ready.

And the next phase of things in parts of our garden, including right out my window, the hosta spikes emerge from the ground.

When they are just emerging they are hard to distinguish among the dead leaves.

The first butterfly of the year, a Red admiral has been fluttering around the garden in recent days.



10 comments:

  1. I do so love a white bleeding heart. I had one in a previous garden but left it behind for the new owners. Sad to say, they've since dug up every perennial and replaced them with plastic flowers.
    We seem to have several peonies in this new yard. I'm looking forward to see the color of the blooms.
    It is wonderful you have so much color and beauty right outside your windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The White Bleeding Heart is so very pretty and your Fern Leaf peony is just besutiful, nice thst you have a good view of it out your window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that Bleeding Hearts would be blooming already. Your gardens are really popping along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great selection of flowers and a beautiful butterfly. i have released 3 butterflies so far this spring, i think i had 11 chrysalis over the winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those fern peonies get my vote! I love the leaves. Watching the hostas pop and grow is a daily thing. They move quickly once their heads pop up out of the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen a few butterflies this Spring but have been unable to snap a photo of one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's similar here, but I haven't seen a butterfly yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our peonies are just breaking ground. We saw a number of butterflies yesterday as well. Such a treat after the long winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a fernleaf peony, but then I don't like peonies on little bit -- sorry.

    ReplyDelete