Sunday, May 5, 2024

Around the Neighbourhood

I've been out for a ride whenever the weather permits, and the flowers are showing up quickly.  Lots of nice colour and lots of promise for later.  In fact I have so many photos I don't know what to do with them all.  This ride was mostly along Thompson Street, which is really nice to ride on because it's new pavement from one end to the other, no painful bumps.

I think this is a Creeping Thyme, but it's the colour that hit me!

I'm always glad to see someone hosting Dandelions for the bees.

And this is the season when the tiny daisies begin appearing in the grass.

Around the corner on Trowbridge Street there's a steep slope that's been partly colonized by Vinca or Periwinkle.

There are two large Magnolia on my route, gorgeous small trees, but I fear the flowers start to go brown as soon as they bloom.

And one final future blooming shrub, a Spirea that will be covered in tiny white blossoms later in the summer.



17 comments:

  1. Always nice to see bright colours that are missed on the dreary days.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the rides.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furry Gnome, Georgina left a message for you on my blog she says she cannot leave any comments on your blog. https://cheeseburgercrisps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I see the problem, you have the reply selected as your comment form. On my Ipad I cannot leave you a message either but I cn from my Mac Desktop. Blogger is fussy. If you want to chance your settings....go to design found at the banner above your blog...then choose settings....scroll down until you get to comment location. You have embedded now which allows a reply, if you choose pop up window people on phones or I pads will be able to comment. I know it is a strange quirk that many people struggle with. I have pop up window on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous flowers. And yes, your rides are fun for me to accompany you on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. before i forget...first i must say that you are right about a bird getting inside the house. there have been so many close calls and i am sure it is going to happen one day!!! i must look into that first plant?! it is gorgeous, the perfect color, but i don't know what it is!! i have a lot of spirea in my yard, mine bloom in a lavender/pink color and they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pretty flowers!! It's a wonderful time to be alive 💗.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about you, with the freedom of spring! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I commend you on a perfect crop for the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it when all the spring flowers start blooming! Thanks for sharing some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those blue flowers are rather spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That thyme is gorgeous! I thigh it was phlox but that would be too early, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The forsythia is out here. It has begun! The thyme is gorgeous! And the tiny daisies are always a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blooms! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're a few weeks behind you yet, so it's lovely to see your photos of the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the flowers are beautiful. Favorite is the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure I left a comment here yesterday?
    Has it gone into spam folder ... I wonder?

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the color of that Thyme Creeper too.

    ReplyDelete