Saturday, May 13, 2017

More Tulips!

Those Tulips were very photogenic!  I took lots of pictures, and I could have taken many more!

Every colour seemed to have its own appeal.

But I did like these deep purple ones especially.

The kite collection in the background.

The farm we visited was 'Tulip Town', established by the Degoede family of Dutch origin who had been growing Tulips in Holland but emigrated to America 60 years ago.  There was an indoor display too, and you could buy Tulip bulbs of course.  Interesting to us was a long wall mural depicting the family's farm back in Holland, acres of Tulips surround by canals,  The artist was at work finishing the final touches, and we got a chance to talk to her.  At least a little personal touch in the crowds of people.  All in all, a very memorable place to visit!

Should I mention how much immigrants have contributed to our countries?

Our garage sale was very successful, with all the bigger things sold, including things I thought I'd have to advertise separately (we have a collection of four trailers at the moment, all of which will eventually go).  We timed it carefully, because the church yard, plant and pie sale is next week,  So everything not sold will either go to the church, or go out by the road with a 'Free Stuff' sign!  Nothing is coming back inside!  Even made a little money too.

12 comments:

  1. I knew you'd like this area with all the tulip fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fabulous tulip shots. I have my picture of the purple tulip field as the current picture on my laptop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say, WOW. Those tulip photos are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, love all that color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow ones are made of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, colorful! That first one startled my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely settings and low lens photos are gloriously rich in those colours. Bulbs, what a delight. And a good garage sale, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colourful photos and the tulips. Nice that the sale went well, the purging sure feels good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I scrolled the previous posts---Wonderful! Love your tour of Coupeville---as I mentioned before I do love Whidbey and my Mother lived there for many years. And then to the tulip field--amazing also. We like visiting Segoede's too. So glad you got to see them
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing amazing amazing - what glorious photos. I like how you get so close to the flowers to show them in all their glory. I've seen lots of wonderful photos of the tulips in our area - and yours are among the very best. So glad you could enjoy the beauty that grows here. The daffodils are earlier and were especially fabulous this year also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Tulips everywhere - but your shots are stunning. I would have thought that some countries would have been stuffed without immigrants! Though the indigenous people may not have seen it that way, at the time.

    ReplyDelete