Monday, March 10, 2014

Views Around the Valley

On one of those nice sunny days a week or two ago, I went off on a photography expedition.  Among other photos I've already shared I got these pictures of views around the valley - none of these are actually in the valley, but nearby.  If you haven't noticed, I'm fascinated with the barns in our landscape here.

I like the compostion of this one, but I think I positioned the tree branches in just the wrong place.

 The same tree and barns, a different angle.


Down one of my favourite rural roads.

A heavily cropped image, but I think it's very effective, capturing that isolated tree in the field.

A very different image, an apple orchard in winter.  I enhanced this to bring out those shadows.

And yes, we still have lots of snow around here, though this snowbank has subsided by 3 or 4 feet now.  Today for the first it was actually warm, not just a hint of warmth, but warm, above freezing and melting.  I've been walking on ice but by today much of the road I walk is bare (covered with sand from the winter).  I actually walked the dog with a light jacket and no gloves!  Spring is here - at least the occasional early apring day!

 Linking to:
http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.ca/

16 comments:

  1. There is just something so peaceful about the rural landscape. I love all of these pictures and the winter version of the apple orchard ... very clever. Enjoyed this post ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful series, very crisp! Glad it's warming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found some very beautiful rural scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barns in winter have a very peaceful look... though perhaps not in a blizzard. Terrific shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The contrast of the blue sky and white snow makes such a wonderful picture. Great series. The row of trees and the shadows look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every one a total winner, and the orchard superb!! You could walk many more kms to get a better view, I would be so happy to have that scene here. Hope the warmer days keep coming. Cheers. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the contrast of the barns and fences to the snow. That's a good sized snow bank, I hope there won't be any flooding when all that snow melts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos. We still have lots of snow up our way too, however praying for a slow thaw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glorious photos - the landscape looks so crisp and clear - great tree silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the country side…what a nice corner of the world you live in.And it still looks like a terrible lot of snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like all of these, but that first one is my favorite - it takes first prize. I, for one, think the composition is perfect. (I love trees).

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue of your skies are so wonderful. The snow is so cold though and I hope spring comes soon your you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, I like barns too and think just about everyone does.
    Always enjoy all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you are enjoying some sunny and warmer days there and hopefully it means the same for us here soon. Beautiful countryside. I also enjoyed today's post of the various springs and brooks opening up. It will be interesting to see how full they get as the snow melts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been trying to get a nice orchard picture here, too. The twigs are getting reddish. But I can't find a good angle to really show the trees. There's one spot on the freeway that will work. I might have to just stop there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy your barn/farmstead photos very much! I like to photograph barns too! :0

    ReplyDelete