Monday, November 4, 2013

Leaves

In all the changes of the season, the life of a leaf is one of the most amazing to me.  Not only are leaves the photosynthetic factories for all our trees, flowers and food, they are adapted to seasons so intricately that they can grow, live and die and live again the next spring.  I've tried several times to get real close-ups of individual tree or shrub leaves, mostly in the fall.  The first two of these were really successful in my eyes; the others less so, but here they are.

 Redbud Tree

 Raspberry

 Elecampane

 Sugar Maple

 Basswood

Red Osier Dogwood


Linking to:
http://macromonday2.blogspot.ca/


12 comments:

  1. The different textures and colors are so neat to see without the help of magnification. They are neat until they fall on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture, I like this leaf vein structures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of the different types of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the comparison of the colours of the different leaves. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting photos! All the leaves have spots so I'm wondering it this part of the autumnal process or is it due to insects?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed with your knowledge of these, but then I am not very good with names! What gorgeous colors they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are gorgeous!!! If you'd like to share them with I Heart Macro, you know you are most welcome to do so.

    Also…
    Please consider yourself officially invited to participate this year's 5th Annual Gratitude (word) Quilt. Instructions (it is very simple) and a link that explains the origin of the word quilt can be found at the top of my blog. In past years there have been participants from every continent except Antarctica. I hope you'll join us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have alot of beautiful leaves here this time of year also. I'll post a blog sometime next week showing more of our colors.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful patterns on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leaves are always very cool things. Great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very attractive series.

    ReplyDelete