Saturday, June 26, 2021

Thornbury Harbour

 I enjoyed a different adventure the other day, visiting Thornbury harbour.  Mrs. F.G. had an appointment in Thornbury and she suggested she could take me along but drop me off down at the harbour.  I enjoyed an hour's look around and I did behave myself!

I always enjoy the view out into the bay when we arrive down in the harbour.  It was a dull grey day so there wasn't much colour, but that's what you get.

There's a good line of boulders separating the path from the road, but I stayed on the road, with my flag and my fluorescent orange hat I'm not much worried about not being seen and traffic's very light down here anyway.

By the time I'd got down to the corner a sailboat had appeared racing across the bay.  It was a brisk offshore wind so it was really racing!

Some of the big boulders were quite fascinating, at least to me.

At the end of the path they had quite a few spaces for small private sailboats and for kayaks, something new this year.

By the time I had turned around to head back the sailboat had turned too, racing back toward me.

I could only see one other boat out on the bay, with a long horizon of land across Nottawasaga 'bay in the distance.  Nottawasaga Bay is the large wide bay at the bottom of Georgian Bay.


13 comments:

  1. Good to see you had the opportunity to see a sailboat in action. Our one grandson-in-law races sailboats and has raced in Europe as well as North America - it's a nice hobby but with a short season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good day for you to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a gray day can be interesting. Good that you could get out and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was a great day to be out enjoying nature. Cool sailboat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that you had a nice outing. Such beautiful pictures of the water and the sights along your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learn something from you every day, FG. I didn’t know there was a Nottawasaga Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though it was grey it looked like a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy seeing sailboats on the lake. They remind me of butterflies flitting about on the water. Nice for you to have that outdoor quality time down around the Thornbury harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place to spend an hour or so. There's always something interesting going on when your down by the waterside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's me, never having heard of this metropolis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You obviously must have been behaving before she left you at Thornbury Harbour or you wouldn't have been allowed to play out there by yourself! Ha ha just teasing. Your weather looked better, at least more optimistic than ours, we couldn't count on much dryness from one minute to the next. ;)
    I like the boulders too, interesting colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a marvelous trip! I truly enjoyed it. I love me a good boulder, too! I loved our Muskoka rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sailboat was perfect to fill out your scene. It was a great tour. The kind of rocks you shared were a puzzlement to me. It was nice your weather was good for your visit.

    ReplyDelete