Thursday, June 10, 2021

Around the Neighbourhood

 I've been falling behind in sharing pictures from my almost daily rides these days.  Trees, flowers and shrubs all bloom and go, so I can easily get out of sync.  Here are a few from recently.  There will be more.

A pair of Mourning Doves perched above my head.

The Horse Chestnut blooms have come and gone.

This is Dame's Rocket, widely mislabeled as Phlox, but here there are 4 petals, Phlox has five.

The Spirea have been in full bloom.

As have the Peonies.

This is a variegated Willow, though here it looks just white.  It's grown well this spring!

I can't figure out if these are artificial, a bouquet, or real plants.  I favour the first.

A Daisy Fleabane with its very fine petals.

And finally, a very nice bright patch of Buttercups.  As you can see we're moving into the summer flowers here.



12 comments:

  1. Yes, the season seems to be going all too fast too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms. We have a lot of Dames Rocket around here on the sides of the road, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat has brought summer flowers into bloom so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the difference between Phlox and Dame's Rocket very interesting and will be counting petals from now on when I see either plant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful neighbourhood you have to ride in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear that you are out everyday. Wonderful flowers and i love the Doves in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, that grouping is artificial. I do love the Oriental poppies though.

    Spring flowers are always so welcome but short-lived. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's another vote for the flowers between the garage doors being fakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chestnut trees are glorious right now. Some huge trees in town I haven’t photographed. I appreciate the close-up of the bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed seeing your flowers and look forward to more. I have been falling behind in reading and commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete