Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Another Harbour Ride

 Yesterday I had a nice ride down to the harbour again.  After a week of cold and rain, it was at least partly sunny and somewhat warmer, so off I went.  Beautiful day for a ride!

This boat, the W.H. Wheeler, looked like it needed a little work.

Across the harbour I could see several fishermen lined up along the shore.

And in my search for new and different pictures from the harbour, I bring you floating leaves.

The Benjamin-Charles had been moved in to a dock, presumably to have some work done.

And I noted the boat lift in use; it's the season for lifting sailboats out of the water before that water freezes.

The area behind the marina, just for winter boat storage, often has 6" of water, especially after the storms of November.  They've been building a bigger berm and (I think) raising the surface level.  They've certainly found some big boulders to use!

Moving along to the other popular fishing area, the bay was beautiful.

I got down into the parking lot and passed the three amigos on my way to Fred Raper park.

There, the view over the bay toward Cape Rich was just beautiful.

And almost the entire distance of the photo above, was a long line of gulls sitting on the water.  I've very little idea why they'd be gathered like that - perhaps the currents today, or an upwelling?  




15 comments:

  1. Yes, a beautiful day for a ride.
    Lovely selection of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like a beautiful day. Like the floating leaves photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us along, FG. It was a lovely day for a wander by the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope we can get back to the area next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, those photos lift my soul, beautiful blues, boats in or out of the water, and gulls galore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that your weather changed for the better. I like the cloud photos best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a gorgeous day for a ride! I hope you didn't have the strong winds we had in our area. It could have made it quite cool near the water.
    Your pictures are wonderful! Love the amigos and the gulls. How comical to see the row of them on the bay water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures! I love the birds and the sunny skies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the perfect day for a ride, such beautiful images!! beautiful clouds and boats, lovely images!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gulls!
    Sunny days, although not today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful day and your are sharing wonderful shots of the harbor. I enjoy your visits there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The view over the bay: just lovely!
    You know, we all understand that restrictions are important at this difficult time. But some of them seem to make no sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a beautiful day in a very pretty setting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics and I love the sky in that Cape Rich photo. So important this time of year with our seasons in change to take advantage of any good weather days we are fortunate enough to have. And yes, those Great Lakes November storms will soon be upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Benjamin and the wheel are fishtugs,my dad owns a fishery with those types of fishing boats

    ReplyDelete