Friday, September 23, 2016

Frogs and Foxes

I've seen a lot more livestock while driving around than I have wildlife, but my keen-eyed spotter did see a couple of foxes one day.  And our little Spring Peeper visited the deck again.

This was just a friendly little Leopard frog, though he was choosing some rather rough gravel to cross.

Is this frog habitat?!  Apparently it is; works just as well as a tree!

This little guy is the Spring Peeper that's been visiting our deck.  That support pole for the umbrella is  only an inch and a half wide, which gives you some idea of the frog's size.

And yet, if you get a close-up, he looks like quite a monster.

Anyway, he scampered up that pole without hesitating, the sticky pads on his feet working just fine on the metal pole.  If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.

The foxes, two of them, were in an old pasture, and Mrs. F.G. just caught a flash of something orange.  We watched and waited.

One of those day when I forgot the binoculars of course, but it was neat to see them.

Linking to




18 comments:

  1. Any princes inside those frogs I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leopard frog! I don't think I've ever seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What big feet and ugly toes mr. peeper frog has but I guess they get the job done!! Nice spotting and captures of the fox!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe he is looking for a warmer spot for his winter sleep-over.What a great time to see him up the umbrella pole .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just disturbed a frog in my own garden, though he didn't stick around to pose. "Fenland Nightingales" they're called around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the frogs. They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a leopard frog ... amazing colour and markings.
    Great shots of the little peeper and good to see the foxes too.

    Happy weekend wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, the leopard frog is cute, great sightings of the frog and fox. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critters. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frogs are amazing!
    It has been a long time since I have seen a fox here.
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i adore frogs and toads. don't see foxes here (except once in a blue moon, one lying as roadkill, sadly.) too many coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frogs look like such characters. I always like seeing a fox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've got a lot of bullfrogs right now. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the frogs. I find that they don't hop away and let you take all the pictures you want. : )
    I haven't seen a fox since we've moved here. Used to see them all the time at my old house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your first photo of the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice frog photos. They were in some interesting places, not at all their normal habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute frog pictures! I haven't seen a fox in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice shot of the leopard frog ... those rocks look sharp for such soft feet!

    ReplyDelete