Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thank You All!

With a new year about to arrive, it seems an appropriate time to give thanks.  I'll celebrate the end of 2013 with a few favourite pictures from the year, but more important I want to thank all of you who visit this blog and thereby encourage and inspire me.

Queen Anne's Lace

It was only a few short months ago in June when I first started exploring the world of other blogs featuring nature and the outdoors.  I've been astonished at what I have found, and at the many of you who started visiting my blog after I checked out yours.  Now 100 or more of you care to check out what I've written, or the pictures I've taken on any given day.  You can't imagine the confidence that builds for someone who wants to do more writing and photography!

The comments you take the time to leave are even more amazing.  I know I'm not very good at doing that, but rest assured that I'm visiting and enjoying your many blogs.  I usually do that with my ipad in the morning in a comfy chair with my coffee, but I have to admit I still find it a nuisance to write long comments on an ipad.  But I appreciate each and every comment I receive.

Young Osprey on the Nest

While a few people did read my blog before, now I'm approaching 35,000 pageviews, and 400 posts.   Instead of posting once a week or so, I now try for 5-6 times a week.  And I use the blog to try out all kinds of ideas for other things I'm writing - I've written several articles for local newsletters here based on stories I first posted on the blog.  And of course having to post something nearly every day pushes me out the door with my camera.  I've never taken as many pictures in my life as the last six months, and the more you take the more you learn.  So thanks for pushing me by your visits and comments.

Georgian Bay west of Collingwood

But that's only the beginning, because I'm also inspired by your blogs.  I won't name names, but let me thank you for all the inspiration!

Thanks to those of you who blog about setting explicit goals, and your challenges in working toward them; you've set a good example for me.

Thanks to those of you who tell us about your daily life and its various struggles and blessings; it helps keep us all grounded.

Thanks to those of you who have the courage to share your personal loss; it makes my problems seem trivial, and pushes me to care.

Thanks to those of you who are writers, self-publishing books and other writings; you push me in the right direction for what I want to do.

Thanks to those of you who post beautiful photography; your photos are an inspiration to keep taking pictures and learning more.

Thanks to those of you who use your blog to report on your various hikes, travels, gardens, and expeditions; you've influenced my daily life more than you will ever know.

So Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks for an amazing few months of personal growth this year!

Day Lily in our Garden


10 comments:

  1. wonderfull landscape
    。❊ * 。❊ 。 ❊ _█_ ❊ 。 * ❊
    _Π_____ (•.•) * 5☆★☆★☆
    ❊ /______/~\ ( ♥ ) ❊ 2014 Happy Day ❊
    |田 田 |門| ( ♥ ) Happy New Year❊
    •♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥♫•♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥•♫♥♫*♥*♪
    http://blog.seniorennet.be/louisette/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Looking forward to see more of your photos in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the Queen Anne's Lace and remember it well.
    Thank YOU for sharing your wonderful photos and your very interesting and informative posts.
    A very Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing and for your thankfulness.. Blessing for the 2014 New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you! Now if someone would just develop an app to streamline commenting on blogs, I'd save a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post, Stew! Glad I found you and vice versa. Yes, typing on an iPad is the pits. I don' think I could go to just a tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you! I do believe that your gift for gratitude will always enrich your life. I am so happy you came into my blogosphere this year, so that I can follow your adventures up there in Canada, not so far from northern NY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Happy New Year to you! I too am glad that I found your blog. I enjoy your writings, and your photography a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really glad that I found your blog as I truly find it fascinating. Your photos and stories of your walks and hikes in rural Ontario are always beautiful and interesting. I hope you continue to blog and walk and take pictures and share them here. All the best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures, like always. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete