Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Streetsweeper Came Already!

I was delighted to hear the dull roar of some heavy equipment in the distance, a rumble which turned itself into the streetsweeper driving past the house.  I hurried to the front door and confirmed my hope.  Yes it's true, much earlier in the month than I had dared hope for, our street has been cleaned of the worst of the grit..

You have no idea what a difference this will make in my life.  The grit is the single biggest problem that I face getting outside over the winter months.  Combined with melting snow it means I can't easily get clean and dry to get into the house, so I can't go out for rides up and down the street.  Needless to say I was out for a ride later this afternoon, my first of the season!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Getting out and about independently is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't see them operating until the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like when that happens here too. That grit can be very slippery even when walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it was even a sunny day! Can't imagine how good it must have felt for you to be able to get out on your own. I'll bet Mrs. F.G. is also happy that most of the grit is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that street sweeper guy read your March 10th post and put your street at the top of his priority list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for clean streets and more outdoor time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yay!! I can imagine your excitement----I would be cheering too
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news., I hope the weather stays good as well, and the daily outing can begin again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful news! I hope the snow is over for the season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could say I called them and asked them to get to your street but I can't! haha
    That is great! I'll bet you enjoyed your afternoon ride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's those little things sometime. Glad you got the ride in.

    ReplyDelete