Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Few Fall Flowers

We've had some gorgeous fall days this week, warm but cool at night.  And there are some great fall flowers that I can't forget to celebrate.

I think the Brown-eyed Susans are my favourite.  They're so bright and last forever.

 Close behind are these deep purple Asters.  I think in fact these are New England Asters, just a 'weed', growing in the ditch in front of someone's house.

We have never grown a Hibiscus, but two neighbours have, resulting in these HUGE blossoms, the light pink one genuinely as large as a dinner plate!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! LOVE brown-eyed Susans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having similar weather this week, bright sunny days and chilly moonlit nights. Some magnificent floral displays there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, beautiful and colorful flowers. Lovely photo! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brown-eyed susans too but seldom see them. Lots of wild purple asters too, light and dark shades. The hibiscus is gorgeous. I'm hoping mine doesn't die over the winter. We're going to cover it with a couple of small potted trees for its first winter in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers. I love the purple asters, too. My favorite color of lavender. I didn't realize you can grow hibiscus that far north. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very enjoyable. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful flowers, wonderful colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Just love your pictures! We live in Barrie, where I have a big plate Hibiscus in my garden for the last 19 years. She comes back every year. She is called "Southern Bell" Grew her from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers, their colors seem brighter in the Fall:)

    ReplyDelete