Thursday, July 18, 2019

Around the Neighbourhood

As I'm sure you know by now, I drive repeatedly back and forth on our dead end street here.  It didn't take long before I started to notice things.  I'm reminded of a comment by 'Woody' on my June 1st post, that: "There's always something interesting to see and photograph, even if it was a "weed" managing to survive in the crack of a sidewalk".  I've been watching for such things ever since.

 Bright red Geraniums beside a driveway.

Bright pink Dwarf Lilacs. 

 Flowers by the front door.

 Bright purple Sweet Williams - love the colour.

 Garden monsters.

 Beautiful pots from Mexico.

 Mourning Dove family.

Fire hydrant lawn ornament - a real fire hydrant, buried 6' deep!


13 comments:

  1. The flowers are lovely, it looks as though your street has some wonderful gardens, and no doubt a lot of work to keep those flowers blooming and weed free, Love the doves, all lined up to view the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Now I need to go take a "photo safari" of my neighbors' flowers for today's post! Thanks for the idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden monsters are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to see all the blooms. You were out with the sun shining as everything is in bright color. I have a real fire hydrant in front but I would get in trouble if I planted anything around it. They paint them in such bad colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty posies. The "dragon" garden sculpture is a dandy, I'm not so sure about the hydrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's lots to see in the neighborhood and probably lots of good people to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see how many colorful flowers adorn your street. Try situating yourself near some plants (preferably native ones) and watch the pollinators that come to feed. I remember once spending an hour in a blooming blackberry patch and being amazed by all the fascinating creatures that came and went.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lilacs! The garden monsters are more fun than the more common gnomes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lots of nice summer colour, I like the mexican plant pots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, pretty flowers and garden images. I like the garden art too. Enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just getting back to visiting blogs after my break.
    So nice to see all the sights you see around your home.
    Was hoping for a picture of you in your hat!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are finding lots of pretty and interesting things in your neighborhood:)

    ReplyDelete