Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Touch of Frost

This crazy mild weather continues, right into mid-December, but we did have a touch of frost a week ago.  Just enough to create some interesting patterns around the yard.

I liked the pattern that showed up on this old railway tie.

And on the edge of this board that holds up the raised bed in the veggie garden.

In the garden the furry leaves of a big Mullein that I've left to grow for next year (it's biennial), really show the frost.

A close look.

And there are lots of seedheads in the garden that show up when they're coated with frost.

Even the leaves left on the gardens as mulch were looking frosty.

The sun comes up, slowly spreads across the yard, and on anything it touches the frost melts fast!

****

It's been a daarrk and gloooomy day here, with lots of rain this afternoon, even thunderstorms, so I didn't get my walking in.  But my 3 hour walk the other day will bring my average up, so I still managed just a little over 8 hours this week, more than my hour a day target.

Linking to:

17 comments:

  1. Such frosty gems. Amazing how a little icing of frost turns the ordinary into the extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frosty leaves. I wonder if I can find some frost some where...not likely where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful frosty leaves. I wonder if I can find some frost some where...not likely where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No frost, but this morning there was snow on Goat Island in front of our cabin. What a surprise. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the photos but touch of frost? What's going on? We've had a very long fall but we've had lots of frost and lakes are ice covered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! love the textures + patterns and that last shot as the frost starts to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure I'll get the opportunity to take similar shots before this winter is out, though at the moment there's no sign of any real frost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the frost pictures, and congratulations on getting your walking in, even more than your goal. Congratulations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pictures painted by the frost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frost makes such good photo subjects! Looks like you found some great candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos ! It is crazy isn't it ? why right now it is 16C even the winds are warm for us down here and we have had a bit of sun and now may get rain again we have had lots of rain to . I feel we will have a green Christmas again this year and they say our winter will continue to be mild and possibly snowless down here ! Why the photos I took last year we didn't have snow till the end of January beginning of February ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first shot has a rather abstract, artistic look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these frosty photos. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty patterns! I love the look of some flowers or leaves with a touch of frost. I don't even think we are getting any frost in my area. It was 11 degrees the other day when we went to get our Christmas tree! I don't ever remember the weather being this mild at Christmas. I remember ones that didn't have snow, but it was still bitter cold. One plant in my garden actually had buds on it.

    ReplyDelete