Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mid-Summer Daylilies

A big part of the colour in our garden is the daylilies, which seem to be growing very healthily and putting out lots of blooms.  But the mid-point of the season is probably past, judging by the number of buds left, so the colour will gradually disappear through the rest of August. 

Do you know it was only a few years ago that I realized 'Daylilies' got their name because the blooms only last for a day!  I'm not the horticulturalist, just the undergardener!  And I gave up trying to find the name tags for all these, so just scroll through the pictures and enjoy the colour.













9 comments:

  1. They are truly gorgeous and care free. I do like them though the Mrs. not so much because they don't last very long as cut flowers in the vase...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such brilliant colors! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful, whatever they might be called by horticulturalists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious colour, and I was once told if you nip off the dead flowers. they will bloom even more!! Those are so truly bright and beautiful. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I love all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful variety of blooms. I thought I had a lot but you have so many more. I like them a lot and sometimes one variety just keeps blooming longer than all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice selection. I love day lilies. This year, for the first time, the deer ate most of the buds. They were my one reliable flower. I'm very unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a stunning collection of Daylilies! Just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete