Thursday, June 29, 2023

Today Was Strawberry Jam Day Here!

Today was the day that Mrs. F.G. made her annual batch of strawberry jam.  We ordered the berries last week and picked them up late Tuesday.  Wednesday was preparation day, berries all trimmed, supplies all gathered, bottles washed ready for canning.  Then the real work began, early today.  Those berries were transformed into delicious jam by lunch time.  And I look forward to tasting it asap!

Tuesday's haul of berries ....

And Thursday's production of jam!


14 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks soooo good. I'd love some on my English muffin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than strawberry jam made from freshly picked berries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade strawberry jam is always one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than strawberry jam - except for strawberries. And therein lies my dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Nothing better than homemade jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the jam is so pretty! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like little treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh it looks so good!! she is a woman of many talents!! i had an aunt that i made jam with, they are very fond memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those berry adventures and the jam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was Strawberry Jam day here too. I added a bag of previously frozen rhubarb. It's sure to be yummy as I'm sure yours will also be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother would make strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry jam for the year. I buy jam at the farmer's market here. A couple bottles lasts me about two months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not much better than strawberry jam or preserves on toast that's golden brown -- and maybe a little spoonful (or a big spoonful).

    ReplyDelete