Monday, June 12, 2023

It's Raining!

Finally it's raining today!  We haven't had a good rain in what seems like a month, with lots of sunny warm days.  That's great for me, but not so good for the plants and crops.  Planted fields look very dry as we drive back and forth to Owen Sound; the farmers will be very glad of the rain.

I've always wondered how best to portray the rain.  It's almost impossible to catch the raindrops in mid-air or hitting the pavement unless it's a very heavy rain.  And I can't get out in my chair to look around.  But the Hostas below my window always hold the drops on the surface of their leaves, so here you go.  The phone camera doesn't provide the clarity I'd like, but it's still a cause for rejoicing.



12 comments:

  1. We've had a bit of a downpour this afternoon, but it has been too brief so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The raindrops on the Hosta leaves look almost as lovely as drops on Lady's Mantle leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're getting some rain; we are too but not nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news.
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. We are having a rainy day too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Print those leaves onto fabric and hey ho!! Istant quilty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So good to see the rain! Great captures, FG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The harder it rains the louder the giggles I hear coming from all the greenery:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure is a reason for a happy dance!
    ¯\_(^‿^)_/¯ 
           /\
    ((((/\/\))))
      \ |__| /
        _|  |_

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some very creative, artistic shots there. Hosta are so great to have in the garden. I keep separating them and moving them all over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The middle photo of the hosta plant looks very nice and cool. I hope rain does appear this weekend as it's needed here in Oregon. My daughter said that was to be snow in the mountains too. Rain will come and water our lawn instead of get in sprinkler going.

    ReplyDelete