Saturday, June 17, 2023

More from the Garden

More and more flowers are coming into bloom in our garden, so here's a selection of what's new.  We're getting beyond the big showy flowers into some lesser known, less showy plants, but Mrs. F.G. is amazing at collecting interesting things! 

This bright red Poppy was stunning, but only lasted a few days.

The stamens are fascinating if you look closely, but of course there's a depth-of-field problem to photograph them.

Our few Alliums have come into bloom, and I love the pattern when you look at this closely.

I've never seen Jacob's Ladder flowers so luxuriant!

This is Callium, a flower you may not know.

And the first of the Coral Bells coming into flower.

Finally, this is an ornamental Meadow Rue, with these very delicate blooms held on a four foot stem





13 comments:

  1. What a great collection of beautiful flowers! Mrs. FG has some garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs FG has such a beautiful garden. I'm sure it keeps her busy keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppies are lovely but so short-lived. The Jacob's Ladder really is doing great. Mine was not so I dug it out. No room for slackers.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Lots of color these days at your place. It's a peak time for many plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Jacob's Ladder is happy in that spot! I had some but it winterkilled after a couple of years. The Poppy is so cheerful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only a couple of the globe alliums. I think one of my former lawn people took them out. I would like to get more. I had dozens of them at the old place and the spread. I like your wife's collection. I know it is fun to do. I have a hollyhock back again after the voles took them all out one winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The patterns in nature are a wonder to behold. They can draw one into their intricacies! These are beautiful, FG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of colourful blooms. A few years ago I scattered some poppy seed on a piece of waste ground near here. Suddenly this year they've decided to shoot up and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really ought to get out and work in the garden! Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your allium seems shorter than the kind that I grew for only one season. They were tall and out of place in our garden. I like the calcium (new to me) — both the flower and the photo but particularly the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely array of flowers. I do like poppies, but as you mention they tend to fade quickly. I have a white Jacob's ladder in my garden, just starting to flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had several of those varieties in my last garden. Thank you for bringing back the memory. Great job, Mrs. FG.

    ReplyDelete