Wednesday, June 14, 2023

It's Also Clematis and Lupin Season

The Peonies are central to our garden right now, but the Clematis are starting to flower, and the Lupins are doing great.  We remember them from our visits to the Maritimes, where you can see fields of them!

As you know I like the bright colours best, and I love the central stamens of Clematis blooms, so this photo of the red Clematis growing against the shed is my favourite.

This Clematis has done really well where it gets full sun.

I can't get close to this Clematis, which Mrs. F.G. planted to grow up the Redbud tree in the front yard, but even from a distance it looks great.

I showed you the white one before.  It's a new one this year, but it's doing great in its first year.

The Lupins range from this light pink one to ...

... this deep blue one.

And what would you call this colour?  I actually like it the best myself.   A slightly cooler week, but it's bright and sunny today.


21 comments:

  1. Salmon-coloured! Lovely flowers. I must grab a photo of my clematis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so pretty. Terrific photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clematis are looking so great. I admire the lupines but we just can't seem to grow them here. You have some great colors selected. We are moving into heat now so I have to water to keep things fresh. My day lilies are starting to bud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lupins and especially that last one. I'm like you in that I love colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like lupins and I like red, so this is a good post for me. There’s one spot that I know here that has lupins. I don’t think I’ll get to it this year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I hope someday to have a place to plant sun tolerant perennials. At the moment, I'm limited to shade perennials for the front flower bed, and annuals in the containers. I'm adding lupins to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous blooms. The red lupins are a favourite of mine for sure. We don’t see them often among the wild lupins here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd call that colour Raspberry. I can't grow Lupins because they get infested with aphids. Yours are lovely as are the Clematises.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a T-shirt that colour - the manufacturer called it "Paprika"! Whatever you call the colours of all these flowers they are truly beautiful, either close up or from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful flowers, all of the colours are beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    PS Not sure what colour I'd call your last lupin it's got a slight fuchsia look about it

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do have some great flower photos there. I do like the deep purple lupins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flower photos. I need to plant peonies I have in the ground so there will be more than 2 that bloom. My daughter got it for mother's day a few years ago. Purple lupine are pretty 😍 💜 .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clematis flowers are beautiful, too bad they don't bloom all summer. Lupines are one of my favorites but they seldom grow here on our acidic heavy clay soils.I'd call the last one salmon or coral-colored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous flowers, my favorite is the purple clematis. the lupin in the last picture, i would call that fushia pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Clematis' variety of coloursbut the lupin is beautiful! I've always wished for those and just never taken the plunge in case I kill them. Maybe on my corral hill? I, like Debbie, would call the last one fushia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such vibrant colours...glad you can see them so closely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Red Clematis is stunning as are the Lupine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely flowers! I don’t think I’ve seen a scarlet clematis before.

    ReplyDelete