Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Flowers Around Town

Our own garden is not the only one with seasonal blooms, though it certainly has a lot more than most.  I've collected at least a few pictures of blooms than interested me as I rode around.

Friends of ours around a few blocks on one of my favourite routes have a beautiful garden, and I loved the deep blue colour of these tall Iris close to the road.

Down another street where I rarely go is a front yard entirely converted to garden, at the moment filled to overflowing with Allium.

The Spirea, always striking, have been in bloom for awhile.

One of my favourite tree flowers, the Chestnut, precursor to the fall's conkers.

Almost across the street from that is a large Tulip tree, with big fuzzy buds about to burst into flowers that look very much like Tulip blooms.  Another beautiful sunny day here on the shores of Georgian Bay.


13 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs, I enjoyed seeing them :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed joining you on your visit to these beauties. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are doing a great job on the flower photos and will soon have amassed quite a collection. The flower names on the photos are a big help to me. I seem to have great difficulty remembering the difference between a dandelion and a petunia flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I would add a very colorful day along Georgian bay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple irises are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blooms especially those gorgeous Alliums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! It's so nice to see the colors. Mother Nature is a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful iris. Glad, and a bit surprised, to see you have tulip-poplar growing there. It's a lovely tree, from its tall, straight, limb-free boles reaching to the sky to the leaves and flowers, both shaped like tulips to the yellow leaves in the fall. It's primarily a tree of the southern Appalachians and does best on deep, rich, well-watered soils and suffers from low temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked up your probable growing zone and you are three or four numbers away from mine. You have some wonderful blooms in your season. Like all the colors of blue/violet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two of my grandsons are heading to Georgian Bay to spend time with their maternal grandparents and extended family. They are looking forward to picking blueberries and Memaw's pancakes. Thank you for sharing all the beauty!

    ReplyDelete