Sunday, July 2, 2023

(Belated) Happy Canada Day!

I'm so busy I missed posting for Canada Day!  In fact I was out celebrating Canada Day, down at the classic car show by the harbour here in Meaford.  But it was a great day, the rain held off and there was the biggest crowd I've ever seen in Meaford.  I also visited a good friend who is in the hospital here, sadly at the end of his adventurous days with us.

This is the flag in Big Bay, that village north of Owen Sound that's home to the World Champion Skipping Stone Beach (and some very popular ice cream cones).  Happy Canada Day to all, even those currently breathing our forest fire smoke!





14 comments:

  1. Better late than never!! I didn't get posted yesterday either! Too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic Car Shows always attract crowds. We seem to have fewer here in town than we used to, which is really too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to be enjoying the day, rather than sitting hunched over the computer blogging about it. Sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had an ice cream cone. I haven't had one yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Canada Day, even belated, but sorry to learn of your friend. My heart goes out to you and all who care about him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Canada Day to you and yours. So sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like a great day though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Canada Day. I now know where to go to skip stones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't that wonderful...that you are too busy and forgot!! happy canada day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a good day out to celebrate Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ day. Visiting your friend in hospital is good. I just lost a dear friend in June. It's 4th of July today where USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ celebrates another year. God bless America song is what I like besides the national anthem. God bless Canada as well. ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m sorry about your friend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a smoky day here. I am sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Canada Day Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete