Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Classic Car Show

The most convenient part of our Canada Day celebrations for me to get to was the classic car show.  They closed off two blocks of our harbourfront street, and cars lined up on both sides, taking advantage of the wide parking available.  There was a good crowd but I was able to wander down the street, meeting friends and neighbours and just enjoying the cars.

I have to say right up front that I know nothing about cars or trucks of any sort, so I'm just going to share the pictures with only a few comments.  Hope you enjoy them.








I did chat with the driver of this old truck, asking him how long he thought it would take to restore it.  He said said he wasn't planning to, he was leaving it just like this, perfectly usable as is.

A bit of a heat wave here today til Thursday, up to 30°C.


16 comments:

  1. It is a perfect spot for a car show. Did States dealers sell cars in Canada? I had never thought of the idea before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures. My favourite has to be the '33 Buick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection of cars. I've been to MANY car shows but not for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the old vehicles! Even the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last truck is what they now call a Ratrod. It is a thing for those in a group that love them. They put clear finishes over the rust to protect the look. It is quite the fad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful restorations there. Happy belated Canada Day to all of you north of the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the owners are every bit as interesting as the cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a display, and I guess every owner of the shiniest and the oldest are equally proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing those old cars, too. And we are hot too, yesterday and more today. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The classic car people gather here once a week during summer, but I don’t get around to going. I just don’t really think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been awhile since I've been to a car gathering like that Like you, I'm not a big car buff but I always enjoy the colors, shapes, and designs of the various vehicles. They are fun to take photos of. Nice that you had the accessability to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see your photographs, great cars.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooh fg, you know i am drooling. yes, i drool over old cars!!! i love the truck, and i think it should stay just the way it is. i happen to LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to see your car show, my husband enjoyed it also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lovely day to enjoy the weather and the old vehicles. It's obvious the owners take great pride in their handiwork.

    ReplyDelete