Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Busy Times!

A month ago both my evening weekday caregiver and my physiotherapist let me know they couldn't continue to see me, the first because she was finding the evening too difficult with her young children, the second because she is moving to a new clinic in Collingwood.  Thus has unfolded 4 weeks of turmoil as I've sought out and decided on new arrangements.  

We've been seeking a new evening caregiver and I think, after many phone calls and two trials, we've finally found one, so that's a huge relief.  I decided to try the local physiotherapy clinic and went there for an interview to see if they liked me and could fit me in, and if I like them.  Today was my first visit to try it out and I think it's going to work, certainly different from my previous clinic, but new challenges are one thing I was looking for.  

This also gives me an opportunity to try out the local accessible transit. a van service that will take you anywhere in town, especially for medical appointments.  I used it today and It will work just fine, so I was equally pleased with that.  Costs a whole $2.00 per trip!

It feels like a tumultuous month with some big changes, but I think it will all work, maybe for the better.  And the Meaford Moves transit opens some other opportunities for me too.

So sorry I've been slow to post, but hopefully we're back to normal now.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get another place for help in your life. $2 per trip not bad. My daughter had to a new counselor as the lady who helped wasn't available anymore. She found one this week that accepts her insurance.
    We have smoke in our area in Oregon from fires in Portland, OR and one in Longview, WA. I won't be going outside much due to what's up in the air. I prefer no asthma attack. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the gap in services is filled and you will be back on track again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely hope the changes work out well for you, they sound good so far :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope all goes well with your new caregiver. The physio place sounds good, and using the transit service sounds like a great option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not good for two changes like that to happen at the same time, but it sounds like it will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Changes are not easy at the best of times, I hope the new regime works well.And the transport costs!!! I cannot believe it is so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your new caregiver works out! I take the bus with my Mom to appointments. Here is a $1.50 one way and they do not make change but they do not charge for people in wheel chairs. Have fun on the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do have a tough row to hoe as they say, yet you seem to be able to keep your spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure that your bright take on things as reflected on your blog masks a level of frustration and challenge that few of us can appreciate. Hope it all works well for you. Bon courage et bonne chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Change is inevitable as we continue to find our way through the days of our lives. I am so glad to hear you have found a caregiver, even if you have to travel to them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so difficult. Continuity of care is important. Good luck with all this. I hope it works out. We are so short of healthcare staff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As difficult as changes can be at times, they can also be a welcome change to current problems. I think David's insight is right on when he said, "I am sure that your bright take on things as reflected on your blog masks a level of frustration and challenge that few of us can appreciate".

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a load of stress for you. I hope the new arrangements work out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a relief it must be to have that problem sorted. I hope things will now all work out. We have something called Handi Dart that may be similar to what you use but I have no idea of the cost ( if any). So far we haven't had to rely on it.

    ReplyDelete