Thursday, July 27, 2023

Garden Flowers in Late July

Now that it's late July the Day Lilies are at their peak, but we have lots of other flowers in the garden too, as you could see in the last post.  So it's back to my conventional garden post with pictures of individual flowers.  I'm sure there will be more!

It's peak season for Crocosmia flowers too, and I love their bright red splash of colour.  We have only a few individual flowers in the back yard, but at the front of the house in full sun we have dozens!  This is the view out my window at the moment.

Lots of Cosmos in bloom, ranging from white to a deep pink.

The Echinacea, which I think of as a fall flower, is starting to bloom.  I like the ordinary ones, but these 'pompom' blooms are the most interesting.

We have one big sunflower coming up in the planter right where it was last year, the seeds undoubtedly planted by a squirrel.

Of course there are lots of Day Lilies; they warrant their own further post.

And the Lavender is still in bloom, here being visited by a Cabbage White butterfly.

Hostas will go on blooming for a long time.  This is my favourite to photograph because it sits up on a cart where I can get really close and shoot a picture at eye level.  More soon!



11 comments:

  1. This pompom echinacea are adorable!
    Lucky you with the sunflower, i can't grow them up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the cosmos with their feathery foilage. Sunflowers are always a fave too! My hostas are starting to bloom as well and adding some color to my primarily green and white front flower bed.
    Thanks for sharing the bright and colorful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pom pom blooms are gorgeous. I saw sunflowers on the upper part of the shoreline today. Those plants are hardy for sure. And so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers. That Hosta is doing very well in a pot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the flower pictures are beautiful but that close-up of the Day Lily is an outstanding photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Day Lily beauty with technicolour in all its detail, and hostas in pots, that way the slugs cannot eat all those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all the flower pics, Now if only I could remeber their names when I see them again somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I am also a fan of crocosmia and have been enjoying seeing it all around town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The July garden is the fullest one for most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great flowers. Unfortunately, down here few people have flower gardens; however one of our neighbors has a beautiful garden and he changes the display each year.

    ReplyDelete