Friday, May 14, 2021

Tree Flowers on a Gorgeous Day

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day and I finally got out for a ride.  Headed around a few blocks and actually spent more time stopped talking than riding I think!  But I was fascinated, as I am every year at this time, with the bright green new leaves just starting, and a number if trees in flower.  

This is one of the nice big Sugar Maples, just around the corner.  It seems to grow its leaves earlier than any other Sugar Maple around.

Its leaves were growing well, and soaking up the afternoon sunshine.

Nearby was a Crimson King Maple (a variety of Norway Maple that actually looks red), just in flower.

And down the street some Sugar Maple flowers, low enough to be photographed.

Down 2 or 3 blocks I found this Norway Maple with bright green leaves.

And around the corner another Crimson King Maple, this one in leaf.

Finally I was just fascinated with the branch pattern here, all convoluted and a little spooky.  Hope you enjoyed my fascination with trees leaves and flowers!

It's an even nicer day here today, probably going up to 20°C this afternoon, so I'm headed out on another ride soon.  See you tomorrow.



17 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute. Looks like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is smiling in this nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once the trees get started, they really do leaf out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea there were so many varieties of maple, and how large they grow. It must be great to have warmer days, down here, rain, and the fire that warmed us all night, well the lounge at least, is still blazing, the flames a lovely red/orange comforting colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I enjoyed every bit of this excursion. And to think of how much has changed since your last post. Wasn't it snowing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Examine some of those tree flowers closely and they're even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - love to see the green against the pretty blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to get out for a ride. Our leaves are slow in opening, except a couple in my back yard. Normally the apple tree in the neighbour's yard would be blooming but not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to know you've finally gotten some lovely weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had a busy week, just getting caught up!
    It was a beautiful week, too! SPRING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather has finally improved.
    You sure know your trees. On a good day, I can see that it is some kind of maple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I am a huge fan of maple flowers. I think they are very underrated because they’re green.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just watched your presentation on waterfalls, and the one on wildflowers. Both were very informative and we learned a lot.
    Thank you for your time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our Ridge trees are very slow in sprouting leaves and blossoms but I see that they are finally coming. What a nice ride you had!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really glad you can get out and ride. The spring time is fun as you can see the trees form into their shape for the summer. Since I don't own a big tree now I do take the time to enjoy everyone else's. I admire the clump birch across the street and wish I had it in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice that you got out and about. That first big Sugar Maple must truly be a happy camper:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous...our trees are exploding with leaves and color as well!!

    ReplyDelete