Friday, September 25, 2020

More Harbour Pictures

Continuing along the shore from yesterday, I headed to the far end of the park.  On such a beautiful day the skies were blue, and there was only a gentle breeze.  Pretty nice for sailing, or for visiting the waterfront.  And lots of people were doing just that.

No-one was at the little beach as kids are in school or daycare now, but just past it I stopped to check out these two sailboats.  Can you see the second one on the horizon?

I was impressed with these nice bikes.  Don't often see bikes parked down here.  Their riders were eating lunch at a nearby picnic table.

There were certainly lots of cars, and people sitting on the rocks or having lunch.

I rode all the way to the end of the park and down into the centre of the farthest beach area to gaze out at the bay and watch the very gentle waves wash in.  One more sailboat in the distance.

There was a raft of ducks and a few geese almost out of sight, but there were quite a few of them - just to the left of the gull.

This is a gravel beach, full of small wave-washed and rounded stones, thrown up on the shoreline a lot further by last year's storms.  I even took you a shadow selfie.

As I sat there I started thinking about where else I had been down to the shoreline on Georgian Bay.  On the north and east shores that we can see from here I've only been down to two locations, both of them on canoe trips.  Looking over the point right in the middle of the picture would take you to the distant French River delta, perhaps my most memorable canoe trip.

And right over the middle of this view would take you to the Massassauga Provincial Park, just south of Parry Sound, among the Thirty Thousand Islands.  The north and east shores are very rugged, often dangerous for boating, and not settled.  Highways are some distance inland - really part of northern Ontario.

I said good-bye to the big red chair, and headed back downtown to run my errands before heading home.
Just a gorgeous day for weather.




17 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous area for a visit and I always enjoy the tours your provide FG. Great photos. I especially like the frame in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly looks like you had a wonderful day for a trip to the shore. The beach we frequented when I was a boy was a cobble beach like that -- we lived on a large island that was part of the terminal moraine of the last glacier -- it wasn't fun to walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific pictures and I really like the big red chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos. A family member took photographs of her two little ones sitting on the big red chair a few weeks ago as they were passing through town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful selection of photos. I love being along with you on your trips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My visits to a beach when I was a child were very few, so this is such a delight to travel through your photos, and see that deep blue, imagine the salty air, and boats far out. That canoe trip seems to be a long way to go, and again, my very few canoe trips were not many, one memorable one, I fell into very cold water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful day! Lucky you. We have started autumn with three days of heavy rain and it seemed dark all day. It looks more promising today in London, but our home in Switzerland is already under snow. It won’t last.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope this weather lasts a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you're able to get out to such pretty locations, though I suppose winter will be there before too long - better make the most of it. Motorbikes seem to be the domain of the middle-aged and recently retired these days; young people can no longer afford them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy this weather while you may. The cold winds of November will not be long in coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A welcoming place to visit. Love the bright red chair. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful post. We've had some lovely days this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely collection of photographs you've shared, I enjoyed seeing them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, we sure had ourselves a wonderful week of great weather this past week and what a great way to spend it on the shores of Georgian Bay. I absolutely love the rugged shorelines up there in your neighborhood and we even got to see a wee bit of it a few days ago. Great photos with all those Georgian Bay blues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the weather here has been fabulous!! your images are so pretty...i just bought a bag of stones like those to paint!! we don't have those around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That second boat is so subtle. You made me look for it or I would have passed it up. The one tree, large, is an unusual one with its pom poms. I like to see your water scenes.

    ReplyDelete