Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tulip Leaves

Well, my computer failure merged with a long scheduled fall holiday, keeping me away for awhile. The computer problems still aren't resolved, but I want to get back to blogging at least a little. Being away awhile, we returned to find a very unspectacular fall, with very little fall colour in the leaves. Apparently there hasn't been a serious frost since we left. The result is very muted brown and yellow colours, with only a bit of dull red or orange. No comparison to last year.


I actually wandered through the yard and a little further afield in search of colourful leaves.  On a lot of trees, the leaves are gone, but these tulip tree leaves were among the interesting ones I came up with.  We have managed to grow two tulip saplings a fair distance north of their normal range in Ontario, and they turn a bright yellow in the fall.

One of the thing I like best is a close- up look at the veins in the leaves, which become visible as all the green disappears, and the veins become apparent.  This leaf showed the pattern off well.

After my frequent posts over the summer, I think it's going to challenge my creative brain to keep coming up with new photos in the fall and winter, but at least it will be an interesting challenge!  See you soon.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely images, the fall colors are so pretty. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Your lucky these tulip trees grow at your place. Global warming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. I'm sorry you are still having computer problems. That would be frustrating. I like your photos and have never seen a tulip tree. It must be very pretty turned all yellow. Winter is a slower time for my picture taking too but there is a lot of beauty once the leaves are off the trees and when the snow comes. I also do posts of things in my home then more than I do the rest of the year. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves are gorgeous, and the blue sky background added more beauty!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are having computer problems --but glad you had a holiday. Hope it was WONDERFUL. Looks like you have some pretty Fall Colors in your area. Hubby and I just got home from a trip. We saw quite a bit of Fall Color. Gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get your computer issues resolved soon as it can be a real pain some days without it, especially when there is pictures and blogs to post.. Truly not the colours so far this year; if on Facebook I have been watching the photos posted by the OSFS: https://www.facebook.com/OwenSoundFlightServices?ref=br_tf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you again! These leaves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful shots. I keep looking for the single ones that have fallen to see the veins and great color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the colors are so pretty. The yellow and the blue. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your computer woes are soon resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our fall isn't as colorful as normal either. Those are nice tulip leaves though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall color is just barely getting started here, your tulip tree leaves are pretty with the red veins.

    ReplyDelete