Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Winter #7 - A Hoarfrosty Morning

How many of you have seen hoarfrost up close?  I've experienced two days of widespread hoarfrost here in the valley, and on my way driving up here.  The atmospheric conditions have to be just right with clear cold nights.  It's certainly very beautiful driving through a hoarfrosted landscape on a bright sunny day.  So here are some photos for you to enjoy.  First - a close-up view.

And now some hoarfrost in the trees on a sunny day.

Hope you enjoyed these.  Winter has finally arrived here with a storm that blew through on Saturday.  I'll show you our snow stick shortly.  And yes, it's actually sunny out today.



9 comments:

  1. I especially liked the close-up. Kind of reminds one of the "crystalline entity" for those who are familiar with Star Trek, The Next Generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of the hoarfrost! It is such a pretty gift of nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoarfrost is an amazing delight for all who see it and especially photographers. When I did a few slide shows years ago at the Stratford Art Gallery and area nursing homes it was a presentation of my Hoarfrost photos that people really liked. I had taken them all at the St. Marys Wildwood Conservation Area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, we get hoarfrost here. It is beautiful. You got come wonderful photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! We more often see rime frost, but I have seen hoar frost on occasion too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There really is not much that is more beautiful than a hoar frost...they are very special indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see it often, but I am probably hiding cowardly in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ! Above timberline hoarfrost is ubiquitous, but down in the lowlands its an uncommon treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only seen it a couple of times. These shots are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete