Monday, January 22, 2024

Sunshine!

As I said, the snow has continued, but today (Sunday) we woke to bright sunshine!  It sort of came and went behind some thin clouds later, but it was very bright when it poked through those clouds and it left striking shadows in its wake.

The snow came down in light fluffy powder, easy to shovel, and piling up deeply.  I think it's about 16" on the level now, though we have some warmer days ahead so it will undoubtedly become a lot more compact.  I left this photo uncropped at the bottom because we have a resident rabbit!  You can see its deep trail in the powdery snow after it crosses the deck from its winter hideaway under our ramp I use to get off the deck.

Evidence of the snow stick has just about disappeared.  I guess the snow came a little more from the northwest, leaving this side less covered.

But yesterday was a different day.  Bright sunshine with no wind.  It was just glorious.  We hoped it meant a day of sun, but sadly that was not the case - at least we were not getting any more snow - we are getting more snow today though.

The sun did leave some very distinct shadows, which I enjoy.  If you were here I think you would hear the sound of joy in every skier and snowmobiler's voice!  It's a rollercoaster of weather this week here though.  Snow today and tomorrow followed by rain Wed, Thurs, Friday, and back to snow next weekend, then back up above freezing the next week!

*******
I've been wondering what to post in coming weeks, since as you know I don't get out much in the winter, and I really do get tired of shots from our windows, so I scrolled through some of my 100k saved photos.  I was attracted by shots of buildings, including barns, churches, one-room schoolhouses, and so on.  I think I could come up with 20 or more posts of that order.  What do you think?






12 comments:

  1. I would enjoy anything you choose to share, FG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Marie's comment, all you show is so entertaining to someone in the south, I loved the ones of the boats that were in dock over the winter.Waterfalls, churches, trilliums galore, I enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw some sunshine too. Makes a nice change.
    I'd love to see photos of the buildings you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (at least I) would like to see photos from your archives, please post some. Perhaps you could do that by subject or topic -- old schoolhouses, barns, fences, and so forth. Since some of us have never been to the Bruce Peninsula it would be a tour through your eyes (or camera lens).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the photos you choose to post will be interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you get the snow...we get the wind and rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of you sharing more of your photos. They're always interesting and you provide information too.
    We're warming up nicely here today with -2C as a high. I'm nearly giddy about that, even if it brings more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have way more snow than we do! It all looks so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing those shadows on the snow. And I always enjoy your pictures, so bring 'em on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LD....I enjoy seeing your backyard view. I like the colorful chair sculptures that poke through the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think with all that sunshine you are getting there we are going to move to Meaford.

    ReplyDelete