Thursday, January 4, 2024

Highlights of 2023 - Part III

Fall is harvest season around here, both for veggies and crops.  And for us it's trips to both the Keady Market and the Misty Meadows Market in Conn.  On both trips we see the first of the farm crops being harvested.  It's also Monarch season, and later the fall colours dominate our world and my photography.

Half-bushels of beans (among many other fresh local veggies) for sale at the Keady Market.

My best shot of a Monarch, recently emerged from its chrysalis this year.  This photo also shows you that I can't really bend down much to get my photographs.

I liked this shot of a Sunflower field because I got fairly good depth of field, clear from up front to across in the distance.

Unique 'watermelons' for sale in Conn (along with lots of other veggies there too)!

Three of the big four crops in this area, corn, wheat and canola - the wheat already harvested and the straw baled.

One of the big Sugar Maples out in the golf course.  This one turned very early this year.

Remember the Squirrel spying on you?

And in late October I made a very successful visit to the cemetery and got a lot of nice photos.

At the very beginning of November we drove down into the valley where I got this nice shot of Old Baldy.  I ju st love the band of colour across the upper slope.  Over the year, the fall colour season ranks with June in the garden for my busiest photography months.

And I leave you with this selfie, taken on the trail in
Harrison Park, on a Bruce Trail side trail, 
my favourite because it's  accessible.  It seems like
we had a pretty good 2023, even though we're both sick at the 
moment, but here's hoping '24 is even better!

****
A big Apology!

For the past few weeks I have been unable to leave comments when reading blogs, in spite of remembering my Blogger password.  It's very frustrating because I often have something to say, usually complimenting your post.  Don't know how to fix this, but I'm thinking Blogger will hiccup again and then I'll be ok.  In the meantime rest assured that I'm reading your posts and enjoying them.  
Anyone have any ideas for me?











8 comments:

  1. Old Baldy and you on the trail, my pics, but the colours in the others are so rich in those leaves and trees, somewhat like they are in our far south when the autumn days are a lot colder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these shots. Autumn was so beautiful.
    I have no idea about blogger. I hope someone can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember some of the photos - the one in the cemetery is one of my favorites.
    Do you get some sort of message when you try to post a comment? I've been getting a message occasionally "unable to publish". I'll copy the text, back out and try by pasting it in the message box again. Sometimes it takes three tries to actually publish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots and a great look back. It is wonderful to look forward to what the new year will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may not be useful at all but here goes. My daughter made changes in Firefox to add exceptions to my privacy settings. ( this is what she said although I must admit I don't understand). These exceptions were blogger.com, blogspot.com and google .com. Now I can comment on all blogs and so far I'm not anonymous any more either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful retrospective shots, FG. Hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of nice photos again and of course I love the colors. Blogger can be a wee bit of a frustration at times. I too have had my tussles with it over the years. Wished I could help with your problem, but......

    ReplyDelete
  8. i enjoyed this very much as i do not visit you every single day. sickness is the word these days, i think it is the new norm unfortunately...i hope you guys are feeling better soon!! hiccup is a great way to describe blogger problems, they come and go like hiccups!!

    beautiful images, and a very nice picture of you!! happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete