Saturday, January 6, 2024

Winter #1 - At Home in the Country

No, we don't have much winter here, and I haven't been out of the house since the day before Christmas, so I don't have any new pictures anyway.  But the Music Director at our church asked me for a few 'winter' pictures.  She produces videos with seasonal pictures put to music; she's done this with my pictures of spring and summer in the past.  

Don't know why I was so slow, but in a blinding flash of insight I thought I could share a few of these  pictures of past winters with all of you for at least a couple of weeks.  These are from 2015/16/17, back in the 'good old days' when winters were real!  Hope you enjoy them.

 We'll start right in our own back yard, at our previous home.  This is the view out the back window, a few yards of mown grass and beyond a large unmown meadow.

Off to the side was our main flower garden, under that arch and along a path.  Beyond the split rail fence is more of the 'working garden', with the shed I built.  (It took forever!)

Turning sideways and looking south is an old cedar bench that Mrs. F.G. bought as a garden 'ornament' - she's never sat on it.

Moving westwards now, there's another sitting area under the trees.  The lumpy snow-covered rocks in the background are an old stone fencerow.  I did really enjoy sitting here with my morning coffee.

An old apple tree.

Looking down the fencerow.

And at the feeder.  Even if we don't have real winter this year, at least I can write about it to keep you amused.






11 comments:

  1. Consider your efforts accomplished, as I'm more than amused at these beautiful snow scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine you will get "real" winter yet before too long. I enjoyed your snowy pictures from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is stunning, and the day will come when you can ride down the street again.After my spinal surgery I was inside , for 6 weeks, All I could do was see the mailman drop off mail down the steepish driveway.Then that first trip in a car, felt like the driver was Stirling Moss , we were not going fast but it seemed so.Recently I watched the series " Frozen Alone" where 6 contestants are dropped off on the north east coast of Labrador at the start of winter.Last 50 days and get a share of $500,000. One lady lasted and could not believe she was the only one. It showed me the harsh winters up North, and survival as the folks did many many years ago.I always so enjoy your photos, recent or some time ago, and the stories that go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! The sky colour and snow covering everything make picture perfect settings indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I remember well the pictures from where you used to live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! There is a beauty in the winter when the sun is shining brightly. The chairs add a fun pop of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, there is a beautiful side to Winter at times and you have shown it well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is snowing here this morning, and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forget how pretty fresh snow is. Thanks for these reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice photos, but what's that white stuff? We finally had our first real snow yesterday, but it will melt this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winter can be beautiful! Lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete