Sunday, October 8, 2023

Update on the Garden

It`s been awhile!  Yes it's been a long time since I've taken you to see our garden, and it's changed a lot!  The Day Lilies, Crocosmia and Lavender were in bloom when we last visited in late July, but now it has had its fall clean-up and only a few Cosmos and Fall Anemones remain in bloom.  Never-the-less it's a busy time of year for Mrs. F.G. and our undergardener, with all the fall work to do, including new plans for next year.

When I go down onto the patio now I am met by a wall of white Cosmos, which I can also see from my window.  They're are the brightest feature of the garden these days.

A few weeks ago I managed to capture a bee in a Cosmos bloom, where it was reluctant to leave, giving me time for the photo.

There's also a nice patch of Fall anemones.  I love the colour.

On the wall of the shed is the last of the Clematis vines blooming, a small pale yellow bloom.  We had this at our previous home where it crawled over a large Ninebark shrub and had to be cut back frequently.

And yellow, red, white and pink Echinacea are fading into fall.

It's reached the point where Mrs. F.G. went out and bought two pots of mums, one pink and one bright yellow for near the front door.

Meanwhile the chipmunk races around the back yard, rarely pausing for breath!



13 comments:

  1. Lovely late summer blooms, those Anemones are the same as we had at our other home, tall and so graceful in a breeze. And your visitor, he is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you caught the chipmunk while it was busy. You fall blooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colorful flowers and do so much admire your fine gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything still looks beautiful.
    Cute and great picture of the chipmunk. We have many of them running in and out of our many stone walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful blooms! I love that pink color, too. Well done with that bee portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still have some lovely flowers blooming, though autumn and winter can not be so far away now. We must make the most of these late summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. FG plans her gardens so well, blooms all spring, summer and fall. She should hire herself out! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty amazing for late in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of a well thought out garden.
    Wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cosmos is so beautiful fluttering around in a garden. Love the Chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers are looking so great. I have to get cosmos for my garden next year. I have another blog friend that grows them and I bet I could do it. We get frost tonight. I will start clearing more plants. The chipmunk is a great addition to the garden. Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have enjoyed your 'new' garden! You've all worked hard on it. Creating, maintaining, photographing it!

    ReplyDelete