Thursday, October 19, 2023

And Yet More Fall Colours!

I keep thinking that it's a poor year for fall colour, but now it seems that lots of trees are changing.  They're changing to yellow or orange rather than red though.  You really have to search for trees with patches of red leaves.  I now have lots of pictures, having spent an hour outside sweeping leaves and maple keys off the deck and patio, and yesterday having made a big expedition to our local cemetery - gorgeous at this time of year with all its old maples.

Sometimes it's the whole tree that is colourful; other times a single leaf is all you need - captured before I swept it to oblivion!

Even our own maples just outside the house are now showing some colour, and today, two days later,  they're considerably redder.

The second of the big Sugar Maples out on the golf course is now quite red.

While the first has already lots many of its leaves.


Before we go further afield, just down the street is a lovely small White Birch, now all yellow.




16 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. It's a bit early to have autumnal colours here but there are just some signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous fg...we have very little color right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to log out and sign in under Google. Odd stuff as I used to comment easily. Our trees are also changing and my sugar maple is to die for. Too many photos in my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours! We don't see a lot of red leaves here, mostly yellow and orange. The tree across the street has now changed - it's the last to do so, and the rest of the street's trees are losing their leaves very quickly. We have that dreaded four letter word in the forecast for next week. Enjoy the autumn weather while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were in the park when the light came out this morning, and I saw some pics to take, but the adjacent school had kids wandering about, so thought that I would go back after they went home. But the lights went out, so to speak. I did get a few of Sue that I will post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't not gone to any recreational place since the beginning of fall. It is so cold here. The photos you took are so beautiful.
    Kindly check out my new post and give your insight: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love maple leaves in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the color changes seem late this year, although this week is supposedly the "peak" in northcentral Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birches certainly have a very bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn that spammer above, has snuck into a lot of our blogs. I just 'delete forever' each time.
    I remember as a school girl, looking for those perfect leaves from every possible tree. Then we'd wax them and put them in a book. :) I can't find those 'perfect' ones anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our bush line trees down here are finally beginning to change and show some color. They are calling for some Sun on Sunday so it will be great to see Autumn's finery highlighted in sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! The trees are finally changing here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The birch is one of my favorites. You golf course greens make the trees really vibrate.

    ReplyDelete