Tuesday, October 17, 2023

More Fall Colours

The fall colours seem to be much more muted, more yellows than red, harder to find and later than usual this year.  We're halfway through October and there's been no frost yet - and none in the forecast.  I found a total of three trees to get pictures of yesterday; most trees are simply still green!  These are still just one of the original two trees I saw two days ago.

This is a Norway Maple which stands just outside the hospital, only five blocks away.

I often find that I like pictures showing both the dark trunk and larger branches and the leaves.

But the leaves themselves are what provides the fall colour.

The sin shining through the leaves is usually more effective than sun shining on the leaves, as below.

At least at this tree I can get fairly close with the zoom on my phone camera.

And leaning back really far I got this shot right overhead.

Did you spot the visiting rodent spying on you?


11 comments:

  1. I don't see the critter, but as Barbara said the blue and gold colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I spotted the rascal watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to note that the leaves have been damaged over the summer but they still give us great color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Autumn photos and yes, I did see that Squirrel peaking out, but only after you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute capture of the squirrel. These are beautiful shots of the maples. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Thank you for sharing them. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE took a leaf peeping trip to the north of our state and had the same experience as you. A local said the drought would lesson the color this year, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has not been the very best fall for colour, but there's always some. Since I haven't been getting around much, the lesser colour doesn't bother me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Autumn photographs, the colours are lovely.
    I went back to try and spot for the rodent (squirrel) and yes, I did see it peaking out.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed your little friend the first time I looked at the photos, but spotted it in the third when I looked again. No reds, but nice color anyway.

    ReplyDelete