Friday, October 6, 2023

Around the Neighbourhood

 I`ve accumulated a number of pictures of things around the neighbourhood, just things that struck me as interesting.  Shows you the things I notice in my wanderings!

Our neighbour has had a spectacular Hibiscus in bloom, the so-called 'dinner-plate' hibiscus.  Gorgeous!

Elsewhere a number of people have big clumps of Brown-eyed Susans that really stand out.

The municipality held a safety day down at the community centre, so I dropped down to see what was about.  Since we had a house fire once, I enjoyed chatting to the volunteer firefighters under their hook and ladder truck.

Around a few blocks a homeowner is building a big addition.  Since I've done the same twice, I'm interested in watching it develop.  He seems to be doing it himself, and it seems very well done.

We have a new long term care home in town, and I now often ride down this wiggly sidewalk past two sides of the building.

Down at the bay the last phase of repairs after the last big storm three years ago has been completed, now a line of huge boulders for a long stretch.  At least you can still see the bay over top of them, if not the waves rolling in.

Here at home we're watching the first of the new homes get built across the golf course,

While three doors away the last of the houses for this street is finally being built.  It will be interesting to watch.



11 comments:

  1. Lots on the go in your area, FG. Booming by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice going around the neighborhood with you seeing the sights. I enjoy watching buildings going up to.
    Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown eyed susans are one of my favorite native flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always something interesting for those who care to look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like there’s a lot going on. The flowers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always interesting to see what goes on in other corners of the world. Those benches must give a lovely view of the big boulders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy going out on your walks with you. And those are some nice looking flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your outings. Winter reduces all of our wanderings, but it must be especially hard for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hibiscus is lovely, but at this time of year I tend to appreciate the brown eyed susans more. You definitely have much to see and enjoy on your wanderings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that 'wiggly sidewalk. Lots to see around the neighborhood and I too am always interested in the goings on of various local projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have built two different additions and it is so rewarding. I like all the flower varieties in you neighborhood. i would like to get a different kind of hibiscus. The one you shared looks great.

    ReplyDelete