Well, I've enjoyed a nice relaxing break away from the pressure of a daily blog posting. Let me tell you a little about the thinking I've done and the decisions I've made.
It started with recognizing for myself the pandemic rut I was in. As I've written and told people several times, staying at home during lockdown hasn't been that different from normal life for me, and I expect the same would be said by many of the mobility-limited. But I've got comfortably used to it; in particular I haven't stayed in touch with my coffee buddies. I'm just too comfortable!
I also need to remember that I simply don't have the hours in a day that all of you do, as I'm only out of bed and upright for about 11 or 12 hours a day. And out of that comes time for meals, exercise, going for a ride and anything else I do. Finding time for organizing photos and writing a blog post is difficult at the best of times, especially in the summer.
So I've made several decisions.
- I will write two blog posts a week, one an update on the garden and such, and one a post on some other featured story I want to tackle.
- I have organized the two projects I need to finish, and got some ideas for future projects,
- I have decided to also focus on writing a Blurb book on some our past travels; some of this work may find its way into the blog as well.
- I have found a new route to ride that is both all smooth pavement and has interesting things to see.
- And I need to find a way to re-organize my coffee group.
And for those of you who come to the blog looking for pictures, here are a few.