Sunday, November 1, 2020

Caught in the Rain!

 A week ago or so I headed happily downtown, blissfully unaware of what was coming.  I did keep an eye on the radar, since we'd heard that there might be rain later on.  But the radar showed nothing yet.  It was my usual visit to the harbour.

All four of the old tugs I've been seeing at the docks were lined up along the side of the harbour.  With steel hulls they'll be able to stay there all winter if not moved earlier.

I love the way they tie up the big ropes.

Richardson's apparently has a good reputation among marinas for its boat repairs and storage services.  Each of those stored boats, lifted out and back in again, costs between $1500.00 and $3000.00 a year.

As I got toward the end of the dock I heard a roaring coming behind me, as if some big machinery was coming down the street - and it was, the boat lift returning from storing another boat.

I headed on down along the shore.

There was still plenty of blue sky.  The radar still showed no rain coming, so I headed on.

Two people had walked out the long breakwall.

I got this far, but that was when the first raindrops hit.  It was just a sprinkling, but I turned around and headed back to the museum which has a small covered front entrance.  The radar showed some dark rain clouds that had emerged out of nothing in just about 5 minutes; I was trapped.  I didn't get wet, but Mrs. F.G. had to come and pick me up, my ride only half finished.






9 comments:

  1. Enjoy looking at all your photos. That thick rope makes a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't get wet! I love the rope picture, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you have a chauffeur on demand - better that Uber. Now that I think about it that should probably be chauffeuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It helps to have a driver on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At times weather can change very quickly as fronts move through an area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might have to strap yourself a good umbrella on board. I got caught in a heavy rainstorm on my motorcycle one time. Not nice!! Even the innermost crevices of my wallet were waterlogged by the time I finally made it home. Good thing that rain didn't catch you. I imagine all that water could play havoc with the electronics on your chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures around the harbour. Maybe carrying a Golf Umbrella with you might be wise.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You took some great photos for the short time you were out, FG. I love the rope one. Hope you can continue your ride.today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific shots!

    Sometimes that weather can come on fast.

    ReplyDelete