Friday, November 13, 2020

Around the Neighbourhood - the Great Fall Change!

In between our outings on the Georgian Trail I've taken long rides around the neighbourhood at least twice in the last week.  And I've been really struck by the fact that we're at the end of the fall colour; all the leaves have fallen.  I notice in particular trees that I've been getting pictures of all season long.  Here are a few.

One of my two favourite trees out the window, a month ago and now.

My other favourite tree out the window, both Sugar Maples.

This big maple stands behind a house over on Noble Street.

As does this one.

Every year I'm reminded of this dramatic change, from leaves to no leaves, in just a month or so.  It always seems to me the most complete of our our seasonal changes.  Now a few miscellaneous shots.
A fierce pumpkin.

This appeared on a garage door.  I guess someone's had a birthday!

I've been watching Milkweed seeds drift through the air for weeks now.  I found this one in the grass.

And this dragonfly appeared on my stone sculpture out front yesterday.  I disturbed it, but 2 minutes later it was back in exactly the same spot.



10 comments:

  1. The fierce pumpkin is great. Although there are still a few trees down here in full leaf, most are bare; won't be long until snow flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall is almost complete here too, except for a few exceptional places. Sigh!

    Great photos, FG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fall colors don't last long but oh how beautiful they are. I'm always sorry to see the color go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is beauty in the bare trees too. One of my favorite things to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post.
    I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you show the before and after of trees and their leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, our landscape sure has quickly changed alright. We always know its coming and its not something most of us look forward too. The true onset of winter weather is now looming all around us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the "then and now" photos very much. It happens quickly, and then we get ready for the long winter ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Chef is a bit aghast. His younger child, a son, will be 40 next month. He’s feeling his age!

    ReplyDelete