Friday, November 14, 2014

Sunrise

I slept a little longer last night, and wasn't sitting waiting for the dawn in my favourite chair until after 7.  We'd had a nice light snowfall that stuck to everything overnight giving the yard a ghostly white atmosphere.  It didn't look like a sunrise morning, because the clouds were all grey.

 But I looked up a minute later, and this is what I saw, brilliant orange across those grey clouds greeting the dawn.

I watched for the sun itself to appear, and simply stood up and took these through the window.

It did get brighter, and the sky started turning pink all over.

I thought I saw the bright corner of the sun itself appear, but then it faded out, the sun rose behind the clouds, and dawn arrived.


19 comments:

  1. Truly magnificent, and there it all was, waiting for you. Take care in that cold outdoor air, neck warmer up to your nose, hat on head, gloves on hands, and venture forth, but maybe later in the day after it has warmed up ever so slightly. Jean.p.s. ( My nature is what is called 'peaceful' but I am practical in almost all things too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly need to make greeting cards or even a framed photo from these. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images. They are perfect for the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have it right! The sunrises are stunning this time of year and one must be ready for they fade too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A warm beginning to a cold day. Great and beautiful sunrise shots to keep you hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply spectacular! What a scene to wake up to...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous photos - spectacular sunrise. How wonderful to be able to look out your window at that view.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Aren't you glad you got up early?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I'm actually getting used to this. Nice to have a quiet hour before the day begins.

      Delete
  9. I've always said that good things come to those who get up before the sun! :-) What a sight rewarded your early rising - beautiful! The colors are spectacular, but I think tree silhouettes and some clouds are key ingredients in a truly stunning sunrise, and you've got them in abundance here. The snow, fence and little building are definite bonuses that make that first photo especially (my favorite of the bunch) look like a Currier & Ives, only prettier (the didn't use such bold colors!) :-) A lovely series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scenes with the immaculate snow and cute little cabin in the trees would be cute anyway, but with the gorgeous sky colors they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning beauty surely heals the heart! Thanks for sharing the beauty and continuing to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful. I love moments like this - so unexpected and so brief. I'm glad you captured and shared them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! And it came to you when you could not go out.

    ReplyDelete