Monday, November 17, 2014

Mid-November in the Garden

The garden takes on a sepia tone these days, covered in a bit of snow, and all the former flowers dried and brown.  But I got out my macro lens to see what I could find.  A very different look to the garden than the many colours I posted over the summer!

The beautiful feathery seed heads of one of our clematis.

 Snow capping a Sedum.

Dried seed pods of a Ninebark shrub.

 Remnants of the bright yellow Ligularia.

The tough stem of the Bear's Breeches still standing tall.

And one of the Sugar Maples I planted 15 years ago that's determined not to lose it's leaves!

Linking to:

13 comments:

  1. Quite beautiful in these early winter-late fall days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one is beautiful, but #1, my pick of the day. looking round US, snow has arrived big time.Take care on those gentle strolls. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is my favorite too, though all are beautiful. Every season has it's own beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More sepia toned than black and white and rather lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! i love the clematis seed heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible captures, especially that first one. I am now looking forward to our first snow so I can get out and get busy with the camera! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really pretty photos. There is beauty in any season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holding on tight but winter will probably win out. gorgeous images, I can't wait for our first snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe some of these can be saved as dried flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That clematis picture looks just like mitosis!

    ReplyDelete