Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fall Fences

Well, I'm running out of things to photograph around the yard under these grey November skies, especially while I can't yet drive to go exploring.  I'm going to have to dip into the archives to see what I can find.  These fences were photographed about 6 weeks ago in mid-October.

In lots of places along the Bruce Trail there's a stile to allow hikers to cross fences - although there are no longer any cattle in this field.

Just down the road I spotted this overgrown abandoned shed, with a bit of old snow-fencing blocking it off.

And around the corner was this board fence, originally intended to keep horses in I expect.

Here's another stile on the Bruce Trail.  You can see the white blaze on the old maple tree to the right.  The blue sign indicates the beginning of a side trail that goes down into the valley from here.

Over and over I see these fences with the fenceposts so close together.

And while out driving around I really liked this open view all the way down into the valley and up the other side, on one of our steepest sideroads.  Once the leaves are down, you can see the entire road.

Linking to:

19 comments:

  1. Love the old barn. Ken and I crossed over many different kinds of stiles on our walk in England!!

    I LOVE that last picture. Makes me want to go for a walk. Lots of hard earned steps walking up there!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. how very nice! lovely countryside and great fences. love that they put stiles along the routes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shot of the valley is amazing! I like the rurality of these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - some great views there - and lovely fences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots! Love the colors. Yeah, I know what you mean about not being able to get out and get more photos. I'm starting to run out too.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!! I love the abandoned shed and the old snow fence -- I see things like that all over the landscape around here too. And the old horse paddock fencing too. Love all of it.... it looks like home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's difficult to see how these escaped being published at the time as they are all great shots. We'd call that a "ladder stile" and I've seen some huge ones over stone walls in Northern England.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you dipped into your archives because all these shots are beautiful. Love the autumn colours. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty scenes and fence shots.. Beautiful photos.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos!
    And I like all the fences :)
    But the abandoned shed a little more :))
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures. I know what you mean about running out of stuff to photograph at this time of year. Your October photos are a very good substitute! Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fences for this week! That one with the small slats really needs some repair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the old fences. I can't believe you don't have snow yet. We have a little here in the Appalachians in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pictures are all from 6 weeks ago or more. We had two feet of snow last week, but it all vanished in the warm spell, and we're now back to just a skiff of white.

      Delete
  14. The shed is an unusual looking building. All your fence photos are great. The board one was really different. I am sure they used the wood that they had available to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous. The fall foliage was stunning and the fences were all really great. I really enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That road view is awesome. Although, of course, I want to follow that trail.

    ReplyDelete