Saturday, April 27, 2024

Here at Home

The dominant theme here at the moment is yellow, in the Daffodils, Iris and the Forsythia.  And we've had some beautiful sunny days in which to show off those colours.  Today is the first day that is warmer as well, and I headed out for a refreshing ride, although there was a stiff cool breeze off the bay.  The next week looks equally promising for temperature, but less so for sunshine!

Mybe now that we've got some warmer temperatures I'll see some golfers out on that nice green grass.

A few mornings back I looked out the front window and all the remaining Daffodils had burst into bloom, joining the Hyacinths..

Looking sideways at a distant clump of our Daffodils I got this shot.

Along the narrow scree bed in front of the porch are three patches of dwarf yellow Iris.

And I rejoiced to see our first Dandelion.  It'll be pretty lonely on this street!



15 comments:

  1. Love all the yellow! Such pretty Daffodils, the dandy is pretty good looking to for the bees:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is similar here, except I have not noticed irises yet. I am probably not in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted to find a fellow dandelion lover. Last week my little farm was a field of yellow. Some people hate them but to me they bring back memories of childhood and picking my Mama a bouquet to place on center stage of the kitchen table:) If people would take the time to look closely, they would see the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous spring plants, i love the first image with the yellow chair and the second with all the colorful blooms!! we are ahead of you just by a little. have a great weekend my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bed with the hyacinth and daffodils is beautiful with such a burst of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our daffodils have just finished in the last few days, but the dandelions are everywhere! Yes, it's springtime indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bursts of color in your flowerbeds and that's a great photo of the single dandelion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even without sunshine, the yellow flowers provide a sunny color. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s been sunny and cold here too though we haven’t any colour yet. The yellow blooms are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers in your area, are doing better than the ones around here.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your ride.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flower pictures. I was never so hard on dandelions as our neighbours when we lived in town. Now, in the country, I have found a use for them. Will be gathering them again for my oil (not the wine our neighbour used to make!). The weather has been improving.........well, the temperatures at least. Too much wet, we have a load of top soil to distribute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellows are a welcome sight in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers -- including the dandelion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy seeing daffodils.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete