Friday, April 12, 2024

Around the Neighbourhood

On the dry days (it's raining today), I'm getting out for a ride around the neighbourhood, or at least up and down the street.  So I'm now picking up a few flowers in front of other homes.  Here at our place the Daffodils will be out shortly.

This lawn full of bright blue Scilla is near downtown, but it's on a corner we often drive by.

Just around a couple of blocks is this bright pink Heather.  I always think of the moors of Scotland when I see this.

At one house a Robin sat patiently while I got a shot.

But then I looked back at the sky and saw these thunder clouds moving in fast.  They'd been forecast, but not til later.  At this point I was about 6 blocks away, so I turned around and headed for home fast!  I just made it to the garage as the first big fat raindrops splattered down.  This shot is looking over the last house on the street, still under construction.


14 comments:

  1. isn't it wonderful that you can get out for a ride and take these beautiful pictures!! we were out on our bike once and didn't make it...we sang "if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain" all the way home. i have never had a pina colada!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a single daff out front where none have been planted, or at least none have bloomed for many a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does your wheelchair have a faster speed? Lovely spring colours. Down here I have planted my spring bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wheelchair has three gears, and a range of speeds within each one. I was using the fast when I was racing that dark cloud!

      Delete
  4. The Heather is in bloom here too. Glad you arrived home in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink heather is beautiful and a great picture of the Robin. Daffodils all out and blooming here now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy that rain blew in quickly. We had a similar dark cloud bring even cooler winds that we'd had with sun all day, and up on our nearby mountain, where I saw a huge downpour, actually someone on another ridge had snow fall for a while, though it didn't last of course. And when I looked an hour later we no longer had that sudden cloud at all. Thanks for great shots of these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are the true sign that Spring has arrived.
    You might need to install an Umbrella on your chair.
    Be Safe and Enjoy getting out.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flowers, Robins and thunder clouds.....they all say Spring. Hope you get sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made it home before the storm hit. Love seeing the Scilla.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful masses of flowers. Hopefully the electronic components of your chair are weatherproof because some day the rain may catch you before you can retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it home, dry. That Robin looks quite full.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you made it home in time. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete