Friday, July 10, 2020

More from the Garden

We've got a lot of flowers in the garden beyond yesterday's Crocosmia.  In fact when I look around at other gardens I end up concluding that we have more interesting types of plants than anyone else.  That's not to say that there aren't other very nice gardens, but Mrs. F.G.'s knowledge of plants has brought us a lot of interesting flowers and a very diverse, eclectic garden!

Our Nasturtiums are finally in bloom, and this one, right beside my morning coffee spot, just glows in the morning sun.  I sit in the shade of the house though; I don't need to glow in the sun!

We have a nice pot of Lavender which I love.  While in England once we came over a hill in the Cotswolds and there in front of us was an entire field of Lavender in full bloom!  One of my favourite photographic memories,

Valerian was one of the best flowers for flies, bees and butterflies in our previous garden, and it's also beautifully fragrant.  Every summer I could count on some good pictures when the Valerian was in bloom.
An example from five years ago, one of the Hairstreak butterflies.

Even our tiny Lemon Thyme is currently in bloom.

The unusual flowers of one of our succulents.

Two of our tall Allium flowerheads are still standing, drying out and forming seeds.

This last series of the three photos below is courtesy of the budding photographer, Mrs. F.G.  She claims it was just the camera, my iphone, but I think these are spectacular.

Which of the three do you prefer?

The sun is shining brightly outside the window now, but we've had two brief thunderstorms in the past couple of hours.  These are just pop-up storms arising out if our excessive heat over the past week.  The rain is VERY welcome!

Hope those of you who go south to avoid our refreshing winters are enjoying this heat!!





16 comments:

  1. I think I like the middle pic best! We have had no rain here today but are due for some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1, with all those long stems radiating out, rather like the lines on a quilt. Love the soft colours too, and that red nasturtium, we have an orange one, nowhere near as brilliant as your one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those red nasturtiums

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one best! Love all the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I prefer the middle one of the last three, but all are wonderful. Love those first red flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Three Pictures are telling a story. To see the last first would have you wondering where it came from. They were all well composed.
    The other pictures were good as well.
    Be Safe and Enjoy what the Rain will reveal.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. FG is a great gardener and photographer as well. I really can't decide between the second and third photo.
    I hope you get enough rain to give the soil a good soak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first picture in the series is my favourite although they are all good. Mrs. FG certainly has an eye and the knowledge for flower variations. I wish I had 1/3 of that ability.
    As for going south for the winters, heh heh, yes we do still enjoy missing the 'refreshing' winters and we are enjoying the heat just not the humidity. None of that nonsense in Arizona. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the first one, too. And I didn't even know nasturtiums come in such a beautiful red color. I've got yellow and orange ones, pretty but not spectacular like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting flowers in your garden; of Mrs. F.G.'s I prefer the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

    Out of the three last ones the first was my favourite ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photography Mrs.FG. i actually like the 1st one best. Wish we could see all your colourful garden in person. C

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Crocosmia is stunning. I love the first of Mrs. FG's photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I have to go with the majority here. Number one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those iPhones are amazing. I always love the photos my kids do. They do a panoramic thingie that I like.
    Such a lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks lovely! Thanks for sharing photos of your garden.

    ReplyDelete