Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Canada Day Car Show

I never did find the list of what was on for Canada Day, but I decided to just ride downtown anyway and boy, was it hopping!  There were crowds, an old car show and music and on the far side of the harbour was more music as well as games for families, and food.  I met people I knew and enjoyed the car show.  I avoid the far side of the harbour 'cause it requires me to cross a field of course gravel! 

They closed Bayfield Street, and cars were parked down both sides.  I would have enjoyed that little yellow sportscar.

My favourite are the older cars, but I can't tell you a thing about them, sorry!

Sone were 'souped up' a little, like this very bright green truck.  I tended to ignore the cars from the '50s and early 60s, which you can see in the background.

Some interesting pickup styles.

This is a 1947 Plymouth the owners call 'Blue Thunder'.  It is a little updated, as it does have a/c!

And across the harbour are all the craft and game tents, as well as a fire truck, ladder extended, to provide a flagpole.


13 comments:

  1. A grand celebration, those old cars restored and polished to a brilliant shine. I prefer the original paint colours but lime green does stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those restored vehicles are called a labour of love. Very nice.
    Be Safe from the heat and Enjoy getting out.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see these old cars renovated and preserved. That yellow convertible caught my eye, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like looking at all the old cars and trucks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place to be on Canada Day! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed several old cars in town here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful old cars. A neighbor has a 1930s pick-up that he's turned into a hot rod and takes to car shows. Now he's working on an old Camaro and they have a 1970s Corvette that they occasionally drive around town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so pretty! Those old cars tell us enough on their license plates. :) I'm glad you went downtown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a serious hobby that requires dedication and $$ too I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful sunny day to enjoy Canada Day! I've never been a car enthusiast but can appreciate the care and attention that owners of these vehicles put into their efforts. My daughter tells me that there will be a "show and shine" here this summer. Free events are always appreciated and I'm sure we'll go and have a gander.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always lots of great colors to see at car shows and I always admire the creative paint jobs on the cars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Car shows always attract a lot of folks around here too. Hopefully there will be one in the park nearby before the summer is over. There were lots of oldies but goodies at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooh there are some really beautiful cars there. i'm glad you were able to attend and see those classics!! you know how i love a good car show!!

    ReplyDelete