Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Forecast is Looking Great!

As you know, I wait all winter for the chance to get out and ride around a few nearby roads here in Meaford.  Finally there is no snow left, and this week the forecast is for full or partial sun every day, with temperatures ranging from 17°C to 23°C!  What could be better!

How can you beat that when we are still only in the middle of April!  I intend to be out there every day enjoying it!

And yesterday for the first time we saw a Turkey Vulture across the golf course.  It was just a large black something until it flew, but it circled back quickly and fended off the two crows that were bothering it.  The food must have been good.

In this picture you can tell it is a vulture, but this photo also shows the shortcoming of my phone camera.  Even though this phone, a Samsung galaxy Ultra something-or-other, has an incredible zoom, when you use that powerful zoom you lose resolution quickly.  As you can see the picture is blurry, it is badly pixilated.  To tell the truth I am disappointed.  After using it a lot I can see it has some serious shortcomings.


12 comments:

  1. That vulture looks hungry. I am so glad that you can get outside now. Your green is going to get so much greener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that was pretty cold for April and then I realized it was Celsius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost summer. Cell phone cameras just don't measure up to any real cameras, even the bridge superzooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy this coming week, FG. It’s been a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be able to head down for a coffee in the morning. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those upcoming temperatures are sure looking good for the week. We have all waited a long winter's snowy cold length to bask in these much anticipated warm Spring days. Let the happy giggles begin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're supposed to get into the upper teens for a couple of days too. I'm looking forward to it, as it should melt a lot of the snow cover we still have.
    Enjoy the warmth and your time outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even my semi-pricey zoom on my semi-pricey camera can be less than tack sharp with I hand-hold it, which I often do. I really picks up shake. But the weather is good here too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard the new iPhone 14 or the plus take marvellous photos, not sure about the zoom quality though. This is first hand from Grandson. Looking very seasonal, we have autumn mornings that are darker, and Easter Monday COLD rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I understand it phone cameras don't really zoom beyond a certain point; they just crop the image on what is already a tiny sensor. Having said that they do produce amazing results at normal magnifications. I'm so glad to hear that you'll be able to get out this week; our weather is still extremely changeable - mostly changing between showers and heavy rain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rarely use a zoom feature on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just got a new iPhone and it is a steep learning curve.

    ReplyDelete